Ideal candidates must have good interpersonal skills, follow instructions, and bring a firm, courteous and tactful approach to security-focused customer service.
Additionally, ideal candidates must:
- Have at least one year of guard related duty, military, police, or security experience. However, a training level is available for those who have no prior experience. Email KLLGFJobs@state.gov for more information.
- Have completed lower secondary school (LCE/SRP/PMR).
- Meet Level II spoken and written English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Possess both a valid Malaysian vehicle license (D) and motorcycle license (B2). ** Candidates without a vehicle license would have one (1) year to obtain a vehicle license while candidates without a motorcycle license would have six (6) months to obtain a motorcycle license from the date of commencement of work, if hired.
- Maintain good physical conditioning and pass pre-employment testing and twice annually thereafter.
Benefits include, but not limited to, the following:
- Annual Leave – 16 days for new hires, up to 25 days
- Sick Leave – 13 days per year
- Long-Term Sick Leave
- 2-Month Year-End Bonus for full year of service paid out in November of each year; pro-rated for partial year of service.
- Medical Coverage – Covered under AXA Affin Berhad Plan – premiums for employees and immediate family are fully paid by the Embassy.
- Retirement – Age 60. Embassy contributes 16.6% of employee’s basic salary towards employee’s retirement fund (EPF). That’s 4.6% more than usual 12% required by local law.
- Competitive Annual Salary – MYR28,589 – MYR41,193 for one year or more of guard related duty military, police, or security experience. MYR23,932 – MYR39,486 for no prior experience.