U.S. Embassy Kuala Lumpur
Location: Pacific Ocean and Indian Ocean
Event: Tropical Cyclone Season in the South Pacific Ocean begins November 1, 2020 and ends on April 30, 2021. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) recommends that those in tropical cyclone-prone regions begin preparations for the upcoming seasons now.
Actions to Take:
- Visit the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Climate Prediction Center for the 2021 Cyclone forecast.
- Visit the Department of State’s Hurricanes, Typhoons, and Cyclones page.
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- For more information see: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/your-health-abroad/insurance-providers-overseas.html
- U.S. Embassy Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
376 Jalan Tun Razak
50400 Kuala Lupur
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Malaysia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Please note that due to technical issues, there is currently no way for STEP registrants to unsubscribe themselves from receiving these messages. Please email us at KLACS@state.gov if you wish to unsubscribe, and we will manually process your request. You may continue to receive STEP messages for a short time, we appreciate your patience and understanding.