Replacement Emergency Passport

Save time. Complete and print your passport application form before coming to the Embassy.

Appointments are required for all passport services. To make an appointment, please visit the ACS Appointment System Website.

Replacing a Limited Emergency U.S. Passport With a Full-Validity Passport.

If you have a limited emergency passport that is valid for a year or less, you should replace it will a full-validity passport. The replacement will be done at no additional charge if you request it before the emergency passport expires.

To replace your emergency passport, present it to the American Citizen Services section along with the following:

  • A completed Form DS-5504 (PDF 89KB)
  • If the emergency passport belongs to a child under the age of 16, only one parent need appear and the child does not need to come. Adults renewing for themselves must come in person. No one can submit this for you.
  • We must have the current passports for all who are applying including that of a parent if applying for a child.
  • One (1) recent 2″ x 2″ (50mm X 50mm) passport photo. Please review the Passport Photograph Requirements.
  • No fee required unless you request your replacement of an emergency passport after it has already expired. In this case, you must pay the full fee again with the submission of the DS-82 for adults and DS-11 for children under age 16. The fee for adults is US$110 and for children under the age of 16 it is US$115. Persons who are getting their first adult passport and are the age of 16 or over must complete a DS-11 and pay a fee of US$145.