Save time. Complete and print your passport application form before coming to the Embassy.
Steps for Replacing a Damaged or Mutilated Passport
Step 1: Schedule an Appointment
Appointments are required for all passport services. To make and cancel an appointment, please visit the ACS Appointment System Website.
Please schedule a different appointment for each person replacing their passport.
Step 3: Complete Affidavit of Damaged Passport
The affidavit should explain, under penalty of perjury, the circumstances under which the damage occurred. A blank affidavit form may be obtained at the ACS unit. Do not sign the affidavit as you will be asked to take an oath and sign in the presence of the Consular Officer.
Step 4: Submit Forms and the Following Additional Documents in Person:
- The Damaged Passport (original and one copy):
- U.S. Passport Photo:
- One (1) color 2”by 2” Passport Photo
The photos must be:
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- Taken in normal civilian attire without a hat or glasses
- Taken with a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- As of November 1, 2016 you must remove your eyeglasses for passport photos.
Step 5: Pay Applicable Passport Fees
- US$145: Applicants age 16 and older
- US$115: Applicants below age 16
We accept most major international credit cards (charges billed in U.S. Dollars), U.S. Dollars, and the U.S. Dollar equivalent in Malaysian Ringgit. Personal checks and debit cards are NOT acceptable.