Application Instructions: (Note: We do not process passports in Malaysia by mail. If the instructions below tell you to mail your passport or application, that is directed towards applicants that are in the US. All applicants for U.S. passports in Malaysia must apply in person.)
- General Passport Information
- First-Time Applicants
- Passport for a Minor (under age 16)
- Renew Your Passport (age 18 and over)
- Replacing a Lost or Stolen Passport
- Replacing a Mutilated or Damaged Passport. Follow the instructions for first-time applicants; bring the damaged passport and be prepared to explain the circumstances causing the damage.
- Correcting or Changing Information in Your Passport
Note: When traveling, we recommend you carry a photocopy of your passport separately from your passport. In the event of loss or theft, the copy will facilitate issuance of an emergency passport.