Location: U.S. Embassy Kuala Lumpur
Event: A planned demonstration is expected to take place on Friday, June 8, 2018, beginning at approximately 2:00 PM in front of the U.S. Embassy. The estimated crowd size is 400-to-600 participants, but this number could grow. The demonstration is expected to start at approximately 2:00 PM and is anticipated to last one hour.
U.S. government personnel are advised that the Embassy front entrance will be closed to all pedestrian traffic for the duration of the event.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the U.S. Embassy front entrance for the duration of the event.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds
- Avoid demonstrations
- Be aware of your surroundings.
• U.S. Embassy Kuala Lumpur
• Phone number: +603-2168-5000
• Email address: KLACS@state.gov
• Embassy website: https://my.usembassy.gov
• State Department – Consular Affairs
• Phone number: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
• Malaysia Country Information
• Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
• Follow us on Facebook and Twitter