Location: U.S. Embassy Kuala Lumpur
Event: U.S. Embassy Kuala Lumpur would like to advise U.S. citizens that a planned demonstration will take place in front of the U.S. Embassy on Friday, May 18, 2018. Due to the fact that this demonstration was quickly organized this week we do not have an accurate assessment of the crowd size, but the estimated range is likely to be between 300-500 persons. The demonstration is expected to start at approximately 2:00 PM and is anticipated to last one hour.
U.S. government personnel are advised that the Embassy front entrance will be closed to all pedestrian traffic for the duration of the event.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the U.S. Embassy front entrance for the duration of the event.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds
- Avoid demonstrations
- Be aware of your surroundings.
• U.S. Embassy Kuala Lumpur
• Phone number: +603-2168-5000
• Email address: KLACS@state.gov
• Embassy website: https://my.usembassy.gov
• State Department – Consular Affairs
• Phone number: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
• Malaysia Country Information
• Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
• Follow us on Facebook and Twitter