Major roads into central Kuala Lumpur will be closed in conjunction with the 2015 ASEAN Summit that will be held from today, November 18, until Sunday, November 22 at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Center (KLCC). According to KL traffic authorities, road closures will take place in stages throughout the event to make way for the summit. Authorities are recommending avoiding these routes or entering the area before 7:15 a.m.
Traffic police will control traffic on streets around KLCC today through Sunday between 7:00 a.m. and 11.30 p.m., and starting this Saturday, 21 November, roads will be closed in stages from 7:40 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
The affected roads are:
- Jalan Binjai/ Persiaran KLCC
- Jalan Imbi/ Jalan Sultan Ismail
- Jalan Imbi/ Jalan Bukit Bintang
- Jalan Raja Chulan/ Jalan Bukit Bintang
- Jalan Kia Peng/ Lorong Perak
- Jalan Raja Chulan/ Lorong Perak
- Jalan Nagasari/ Jalan Raja Chulan
- Jalan Sultan Ismail/ Jalan Ampang
- Jalan Ampang/ Jalan Binjai
- Jalan Sultan Ismail/ Jalan P. Ramlee
- Jalan Raja Chulan/ Persiaran Raja Chulan
Besides these roads, access from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and TUDM Airport in Subang will also be affected.
Alternative routes to the city are available via:
- Jalan Kia Peng/ Jalan Stonor
- Jalan Tun Razak
- Lorong Lumba Kuda
- Jalan Yap Kwan Seng
- Jalan Raja Chulan Tun Perak
- Jalan Hang Tuah
- Jalan Pudu
Note that this information is subject to change. Please check local media reports online for updates.