An official website of the United States government

Police Certificate
December 7, 2015

Malaysia Police Record – Certificate of Good Conduct

Both Malaysians and non-Malaysians who have resided in Malaysia for a period of more than one year may apply for a Malaysian Certificate of Good Conduct.

Applicants residing in Malaysia should submit their applications to the Consular Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs at the following address:

  • Consular Division
    Ministry of Foreign Affairs Malaysia
    Wisma Putra
    No. 1 Jalan Wisma Putra
    Precint 2
    62602 Putrajaya
    Tel: 6-03-8887-4000

Applicants residing outside Malaysia should contact the nearest Malaysian Embassy or Consulate in their country of current residence. The application form for the Malaysian Certificate of Good Conduct, as well as the addresses and telephone numbers of Malaysian missions abroad are available at the Malaysian Ministry of Foreign Affairs website at www.kln.gov.my.

Applications for the Certificate of Good Conduct must be accompanied with the following documents:

  • 2 Malaysian passport size photographs (40cm X 55cm)
  • 2 copies of the applicant’s Malaysian Identification Card
  • 2 copies of the applicant’s passport (for non-Malaysians, copies of all passport pages)
  • A self-addressed stamped envelope
  • An introduction letter from the employer (for non-Malaysians)
  • Processing fee of Malaysian Ringgit 20.00 in cash or Malaysian postal order made under the name of Akauntan Negara Malaysia.

Applicants should tell the Malaysian official that their request is for U.S. immigration. Malaysia offers a Certificate of Good conduct based upon statutory declaration alone. This is not sufficient for U.S. immigration purposes. We require that an actual check of Malaysian police records be made, and Certificates of Good Conduct which fail to specify that a check of records has been completed will not be accepted.

Processing time for the certificate is one to two months from the date of submission. The Certificate of Good Conduct will be forwarded to the applicant using the self-addressed stamped envelope. The applicant may also collect the certificate at the Consular Division counter.