U.S. Embassy Kuala Lumpur
(Updated) Malaysian Entry Requirements
Effective immediately, travelers to Malaysia must obtain a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test within two days of their departure from abroad. The Malaysian Ministry of Health has also announced additional requirements applicable to travelers from countries with community Omicron-variant transmission (which includes the United States), Langkawi travel bubble participants, and Vaccinated Travel Lane participants. All travelers to Malaysia should familiarize themselves with information at the link above to understand the specific quarantine and/or testing requirements applicable to their situations.
As always, please remember that entry restrictions may change with little advance notice. Travelers are encouraged to monitor the websites and social media of the Malaysian Ministry of Health and the Malaysian Immigration Department and contact the Malaysian authorities directly with any questions. Please note that the social media pages for the above Malaysian entities are often the first to be updated with the latest information on entry restrictions and quarantine requirements.
General COVID-19 Information
For more information regarding COVID-19 in Malaysia, please review the following resources:
- Malaysian Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 Portal for statistics and resources for COVID patients
- Malaysian National Recovery Plan (NRP) website for information on COVID-19 restrictions and SOPs for each state
- Malaysian National Vaccine Program website for information on COVID-19 vaccines in Malaysia
- U.S. Embassy webpage on COVID-19 in Malaysia for general information for U.S. citizens in Malaysia
Travelers should also routinely review the Department of State’s Travel Advisory for Malaysia and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)’s Travel Health Notice for Malaysia.
Actions to Take:
- Have a travel plan that does not rely on the U.S. Government for assistance.
- Review and follow the CDC’s guidelines for the prevention of COVID-19.
- Check with your airline or travel operator regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit travel.state.gov to view individual Travel Advisories for the most urgent threats to safety and security. Review what the State Department can and cannot do for you during an international crisis.
- Visit our Embassy webpages on COVID-19 for information on conditions in each country or jurisdiction.
- Visit the Department of State’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Visit keeping workplaces, homes, schools, or commercial establishments safe.