Location: U.S. Embassy Kuala Lumpur
Event: A planned demonstration is expected to take place at 3:00 p.m. on Friday, January 10 on Jalan Tun Razak in front of the U.S. Embassy in Kuala Lumpur.
The Embassy front entrance will be closed to all pedestrian traffic beginning at 2:00 p.m. until the completion of the demonstration. There is no indication that this demonstration will become violent, but the Embassy reminds U.S. citizens that the nature of protests can change quickly and with little warning. U.S. citizens are urged to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security alerts.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the front entrance of the U.S. Embassy beginning at 2:00 p.m. for the duration of the demonstration.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy Kuala Lumpur
- Phone number: +603-2168-5000
- Email address: KLACS@state.gov
- Embassy website: https://my.usembassy.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Malaysia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter