U.S. Embassy Kuala Lumpur
January 26, 2023
- Embassy of the Netherlands: No. 10, Persiaran KLCC, Platinum Park, 50450 Kuala Lumpur
- Embassy of Sweden: 157 Jalan Mayang Sari, Hampshire Park, 50450 Kuala Lumpur
Event: Scheduled demonstrations from 8:30am to 4:00pm on Friday, January 27, 2023
Planned demonstrations are scheduled to occur on Friday, January 27, 2023 between 8:30am and 4:00pm in the vicinities of the Embassy of the Netherlands and the Embassy of Sweden.
There are no indications that these demonstrations will become violent, but the Embassy reminds U.S. citizens that the nature of protests can change quickly and with little warning. Please exercise caution and avoid the immediate areas surrounding both embassies from during this timeframe. U.S. citizens are urged to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security alerts.
Actions to Take
- Avoid the immediate areas surrounding these embassies from 8:30am to 4:00pm.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings.