Location: U.S. Embassy Kuala Lumpur
Event: A scheduled demonstration on April 14, 2023, in front of the U.S. Embassy, Kuala Lumpur.
A demonstration is scheduled to occur on Friday, April 14, 2023, beginning at 2:00 PM, starting from Tabung Haji building on Jalan Tun Razak and proceeding southeast along Jalan Tun Razak to a location that is next to Dua Residence and across from the U.S. Embassy front gate.
Beginning at 12:00 PM (noon) on April 14, 2023, the U.S. Embassy front entrance will be closed to all pedestrian traffic until the completion of the demonstration. This demonstration does not have a fixed end time but based on prior demonstrations we estimate it may last until approximately 4:00 PM.
There is no indication at this time that this demonstration will become violent, but the U.S. Embassy reminds U.S. citizens that the nature of protests can change quickly and with little warning. Please remember that it is illegal for foreigners to participate in demonstrations in Malaysia.
U.S. citizens are urged to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security alerts.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the front entrance of the U.S. Embassy beginning at 12:00 PM for the duration of the demonstration.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy Kuala Lumpur
Phone number: +603-2168-5000
Email address: KLACS@state.gov
Embassy website: https://my.usembassy.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Malaysia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter