Alert: U.S. Rescinds Pre-Travel Covid Testing Requirement Effective June 12, 2022
U.S. Embassy Kuala Lumpur
June 13, 2022
(Updated) U.S. Rescinds Pre-Travel Covid Testing Requirement Effective June 12, 2022
Effective June 12, 2022, the requirement for airline passengers to the United States to provide a negative COVID-19 viral test result taken within one day of travel has been rescinded. Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions. Some airlines may have additional testing or vaccination requirements; check your airline’s COVID-19 requirements prior to traveling.
General COVID-19 Information
For more information regarding COVID-19 in Malaysia, please review the following resources:
- Malaysian Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 Portal for statistics and resources for COVID patients
- Malaysian National Recovery Plan (NRP) website for information on COVID-19 restrictions and SOPs for each state
- Malaysian National Vaccine Program website for information on COVID-19 vaccines in Malaysia
- U.S. Embassy webpage on COVID-19 in Malaysia for general information for U.S. citizens in Malaysia
Travelers should also routinely review the Department of State’s Travel Advisory for Malaysia and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)’s Travel Health Notice for Malaysia.
Actions to Take:
- Have a travel plan that does not rely on the U.S. Government for assistance.
- Review and follow the CDC’s guidelines for the prevention of COVID-19.
- Visit travel.state.gov to view individual Travel Advisories for the most urgent threats to safety and security. Review what the State Department can and cannot do for you during an international crisis.
- Visit our Embassy webpages on COVID-19 for information on conditions in each country or jurisdiction.
- Visit the Department of State’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Visit keeping workplaces, homes, schools, or commercial establishments safe.
- U.S. Embassy Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
376 Jalan Tun Razak
50400 Kuala Lumpur
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Malaysia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Please note that due to technical issues, there is currently no way for STEP registrants to unsubscribe themselves from receiving these messages. Please email us at KLACS@state.gov if you wish to unsubscribe, and we will manually process your request. You may continue to receive STEP messages for a short time, we appreciate your patience and understanding.